Skip to main content

Day 4, one day past 3

Day 4
Yes, that's right I have officially made it through the first 3 days. The days everyone tells you will be the hardest. Well I guess we'll see!

I don't really know how to describe what I am feeling and so I ask that you bear with me on this, and try to understand that I am giving you my own experience in my own words and that I am not exaggerating to the best of my knowledge.

I feel extra alive. Sounds a bit cheesy or something I guess. I just feel like I am extra awake or alert to all things happening both inside and outside my body. I a feel heightened state of senses. I am feeling stronger empathy for sure and I would say much more present to what's going on in each moment. Last night I had something happen that got me a little worked up and I was able to sit with it and watch it and hold compassion for it - and I don't mean fake compassion, I mean like legit compassion. It was new, let's just go with that. Totally new.

I realized this morning that I felt very vulnerable yesterday, writing about my hypnotherapist. Yes, I have been going for hypnotherapy. She is wonderful. She takes me into a deep meditation and state of hypnosis and then we work through all my shit (my stories). I was doing this for about 4 weeks before I started this cleanse and I am certain that it's aided in the process. I have tools that I can use when I see my addiction start to come up and I am able to identify what thoughts are not serving me. Essentially my subconscious is more on my side than before - simple, or not so simply put!
What's been most interesting about hypnosis, is the awareness of the language we use with children - with all children (that includes what was said to YOU, us, as children that we still repeat to ourselves). We control their environment so much. We say "don't" A LOT to kids and BE CAREFUL (which is essentially be FEARFUL). It's kind of the opposite of teaching them to trust themselves and the process of life in general. You may not agree, but mull it over and of course I am not an expert on this or on parenting so that's all I will really say right now. I am listening to the language that was spoken to me that became my recordings - the shit I say to myself in my head like clockwork, the self management and the "don'ts", and now I am watching the language I use with Lilly and Oliver.

Overall I feel less "puffy" and yes some things are starting to fit a little easier. I say easier instead of better because I just find putting on clothes isn't such a drag, things feel easier to put on.
I am not focusing so much on the weight loss aspect of this, I don't think that's a sustainable approach to keeping myself motivated. I have thought that in the past and eventually it just waivers and I am like fuck it, Imma eat a whole bag of chips.

What came up last night was a little voice trying to convince me that maybe this cleanse wasn't a good idea. Maybe it bad for me, maybe I am actually doing more harm than good. It was so hard not to listen to it! Things like "your stomach will shrink!!!"...what does that even mean? Why is that bad for my stomach to unstretch itself from all the stretching?! My plan isn't to do this cleanse and then eat a pizza when I am finished. The plan is to clean out my gut, get it working again, feed my body micronutrients that it so desperately needs to feel nourished, get my immune system back on track and yeah if the 30 extra lbs I have put on comes off because of it - great, that will be wonderful for my heart and my overall level of pain in my joints and body as a whole - and then continue to feed my body for LIFE when it's over.


P.S. For those of you who have started a cleanse as well  let me be the first to say - night time is definitely the hardest, but I have been drinking tea and water and even having an apple if I need to and going to bed early.
AND a friend told me that she saw a new little twinkle in my eye this morning :)

With Love and Gratitude,
Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o