Skip to main content

End of Day 1

End of Day 1 (or almost)
*I'm not going to spend a lot of time editing this  - I'm going to keep it all as raw as I can so you can share in what's happening throughout this with me.

I am FREEZING.
I was cold all day, cold to the bone. I find that this happens anytime I try to cleanse.

No headache though, so that's good news.
I made it through without any caffeine! Wouldya look at that!
I had some herbal detox tea, and some really nice roiboos this evening.
Luckily Danny went out to eat so I didn't have to smell cooking, so that helped a lot. I opened the fridge to grab my bag to juice and saw all kinds of meat and cheese and started to salivate.

Some stuff that comes up for me would be mostly emotional and boredom. My mind has a hard time staying still and I search for something to put in my mouth. I find that I really have to watch these thoughts.
I definitely considered a piece of seaweed in all it's salty goodness. I watched the thoughts "seaweed isn't bad for you! I am sure it's totally allowed". But the truth is, even if it was allowed or it wasn't so bad it would be a slippery slope for me. I would then bargain with myself over and over again finding an exception for everything "but chocolate is made from a plant! It's fiiiiiiine". No.

I was tired in the afternoon and achy. I was emotional for sure, feeling heat rise in my chest over things I didn't need to over analyze or contemplate. I argued with a few people in my head and rehashed old shit. I do this normally but today I found that I was more aware of it's affects on my body. Because I was sore and cold, the tension of my thoughts seemed to resonate more clearly in my body - or at least that was the connection I made in the moment.

On a positive note, in order to keep myself busy I followed my kids around and held them a lot because they were so warm. I consider this a bonus.
I felt less reactive toward Danny - which on a very personal note - who I have been very over-reactive towards as of late.

When I can't reach for food I have to ride the wave of my emotions, thoughts and experiences. I can't reach for food and dull the intensity of who I am being, in any given moment. I feel a little stoned, in a philosophical kind of way. My body feels pretty calm this evening and the thoughts see to be following suit (this is certainly interesting to me).
I conclude that when my body is under stress (from shitty food) it affects my quality of thoughts because they are directly related, and when my thoughts are affected the tension in my body increases and round and round it goes. Does that make sense?

I feel slow and I like it.
I feel cold but I feel calm.
I feel a little worried about my ability to keep up with this but I am going to just take it one day at a time, and one thought at a time, and one craving at a time. Putting any energy towards worrying seems like a complete waste right now so I am just going to acknowledge that and watch it float on by.

Although I did not prep for this food wise (I prepped the food, I didn't do a pre-cleanse) - I feel like I did prep for this emotionally by identifying what I wanted to feel like and what I did NOT want to feel like.

I also peed a lot today.

With love and gratitude,
Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o