Skip to main content

Yes, Master


Igor. That's who I feel like when I run. Sloppy, uncoordinated and limbs flailing all over the map. Frothing at the mouth, googly eyed and unpredictable. I catch glimpses of a passer-by that confirm clearly wondering if I need assistance or a straight jacket. I guess that's what happens when you try to run 30-40 lbs heavier than you were last time you were an avid runner. It just doesn't "flow". It's such an effort in every single part of my body, but I haaaaave to keep trying. People say it'll get easier. I believe them even though I want to scream "LIAR's" in their face. Of course it gets easier, so easy to say after you make it over the hump. But I love them for whispering these sweet nothings in my ear about how wonderful I'm going to feel. Make love to me with you passionate stories of marathons and triumph. Oh! Oh! Ohhhhhh!
Today Heather E. pushed me and I did love her for it, in a sick twisted kind of way. When I would start to want to walk - she'd see me and say "just push to that car (telephone pole etc.)". It really helped me realize that I can dig a little deeper down and I won't die. Au contraire! I will be a machine of pure stamina. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
I think when you've done something before - eaten a strict diet, run 10k a day, been a frequent gym junkie - you just expect to be able to jump back in. "Hey, I've done it before, why is it so hard now?" This is one of the BIGGEST hurtles for me right now. I just keep thinking about how I was a lean-mean-exercise machine once upon a time. I've concluded that this is hurting my progress. I have to start anew and just forget about the girl who had a life so unlike the one I have now, different motivators (not all good) and some serious eating/exercise disorders. I don't want to replicate that scenario. I want this to be a quest for happiness, not extremism. I even thought I was fat here:
I have a messed up relationship with food. I know I've spoken about this before but we are so on again off again that I really need to re-evaluate this situation, make some LIFE LONG changes and stick the eff with it. I noticed tonight that when I was eating at Heather L. (yes I have three good friends named Heather, try to keep up) that I wanted to just LOAD my plate with the delicious meal she made. Like, WHY? It's not my last meal, I'll eat again. What's with the "lack" mentality? It's like if I don't take a shit load, someone else will eat my share. My primal instincts kick in and I get down right greedy. I can't even eat slowly, I scarf, take no breaths or prisoners. I haven't totally got this dialed yet so I will keep you posted on when I figure it out - thoughts and suggestions are welcome as usual.

I've always thought I was fat. From as early as I can remember. I had boobs before anyone else I knew and I always had more of an athletic figure than the rest of the girls. I beat myself up over it and hid my body for so long! It didn't matter what I actually weighed or looked like I just wanted more more more, six pack, slim shoulders, no boobs etc. Basically, a body so unlike my own and I became unrecognizable at times. I want to look like me, just a healthy radiant me. I want to look on the outside, how I feel on the inside. B-E-A-U-TIFUL.

P.S. Thank you for the suggestions on running, pushing yourself, music and just reading this. I am so happy with all the phone calls I get everyday to go for a walk or run. SEXY WOMEN UNITE! Power to the ladies.

Comments

  1. I think you are on the right track with accepting yourself for the body type that you have. I have always felt the same way, I'm definitely not curvy, kinda built like a boy and have ALWAYS weighed more than anybody with the same body as me. I am big boned and no that doesn't always mean overweight! I am literally big boned, I will always weigh at least 10 pounds more than someone who looks the same as me. THIS IS OK!!!!!!! NO ONE cares "how much" we weigh!!!! are you happy? are you a joy to be around? do you have a sparkle in your eyes because you are truly happy with yourself? are you confident in your own skin? These are the things we need to strive for. I often look back at pictures of myself from 5-10 years ago and think "what do I have to do to look like this again?" and the reality is... a lot of plastic surgery lol... the truth is I AM NOT THIS PERSON ANY MORE!!! I am a wife... mother... homemaker.. provider. Not a teenager. I think you have to have the same mentality about having kids as women do as they age. "my laugh lines just show the joy I shared making memories with my family". As much as I would like to have a teenage girl body, I don't, I birthed 2 children and my body will not forget this, and I am learning to be ok with it too..... slowly learning, along with you friend =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o