Skip to main content

Day motha friggen 16!

Day 16. Wednesday.
warning: Raw thoughts, some ranting and not much editing done, and some cursing to follow.

Ughhhh it's so dark and raining today! It looked like it was the middle of the night at 8:30am. Like what the actual fuck. How can we function with no sunlight I ask you?!

Today I am giving less shits. Mostly about the Christmas season and what I feel I am "supposed" to be doing. It started with questioning the season's eating regime of cookies/bailey & coffee/throw your health to the wind mentality. My depression is just too sensitive for that noise. The truth is I walk a fine line of  "yes let's do this!" and "I don't want to live anymore". Sorry to drop that serious bomb on you here today, but screw it - I'm into being really honest these days.
I sat down to write a Christmas letter a week ago, trying to be real about this last year. There's just something off about Christmas letters than don't report all the "good news". The truth is, the past year has been a god damn whirlwind and I'm pretty ready to say goodbye to 2014 (as if the year changing really makes a difference to the loss I have experienced? Here's hoping).
Sometimes Christmas seems like this time of year when we are all supposed to forget our worries and pretend that those credit card bills aren't rolling in, (and the fact that our kids have had lice recurring for over a month now). The truth is this time of year comes with a lot of friggen pressure.
And for pete sake why the hell won't is stop raining?!? Come on Terrace, I expected more from you!
Oh...expectations, they'll getcha!
Lately I just feel like crying a lot but then I hear this voice "you can't just be crying all over the place, it's CHRISTMAS, you should be HAPPY!"....
When people say "happy holidays" I want to say..."yes happy holidays to you too, but if for some reason they aren't so happy, that's ok too! I wish you peace in your life, as you move through tough situations even during the holidays!" - but then that might prompt some strange looks.
Moving on.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, and believe you me...I have never wanted to utter these words -

I don't think I really want to eat meat anymore.

*gasp*
Well maybe some meat, here and there but only happy meat, naturally raised.
When I lived in Kelowna it was really easy to get organic meat, and at the time I was mostly concerned about all the hormones and anti-biotics. I find it wildly expensive here in Terrace, so I have strayed from my values on meat. Eating a lot of vegetables, in different delicious ways has made me realize that meat is not the treat I thought it was.
The other thing is that, perhaps because I have slowed down and am feeling more "connected" and "awake" I now feel much more concerned about how poorly treated these animals are - and yes I realize I am a little late to the party. I truly couldn't handle even thinking about it. It just seemed like "the way it was" to me. Beyond not wanting to ingest all the shit they pump into the animals through, I don't want the low vibration of such a low moral standard or code of ethics, and my dollar is my vote. If you think about living beings having a frequency and your cells vibrating at a frequency it gives new meaning to "we are what we eat" right? I mean, this isn't to judge anyone - hell, I eat meat from WHEREVER and haven't been putting much thought in to it. But one day an ad came on youtube of this guy smashing baby pigs into the ground in a slaughter house and I just haven't been able to shake it. Why do we value some animals and not others? And what in the hell makes us MOST important? We are the ones damaging the shit out of this beautiful place we call home. We are individually responsible for the shit-turn things have been taking. When are we starting that sustainable commune in the woods? No, seriously.

Anyway, I have found that meat just isn't giving me the comfort it once was. I just want to drive the point home that I loved meat and defended being a carnivore to the death. Now I'm just not so sure. I have doubts, many. I'm making any declarations here I'm just saying I am rethinking my feelings about meat.

This was a bit "ranty" today but hey, that's where I'm at.

Next up on my cleansing wish list - master cleanse!
Here's an article I read this morning
http://buynongmoseeds.com/you-have-about-30-pounds-of-poison-in-your-colon-here-is-your-solution/

Like always,
With love and gratitude.
G



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o