Skip to main content

Day 10, had some soup

Day 10!
Sighhhhhhhhhhh.
Feeling low energy today, really extremely tired and sighing a lot - so I had some lentil chick pea soup. It was warm and salty and nice. Also, just for the record I had some salad last night.

Juicing continues to be awesome and a lot of work. I have no room for all the vegetables! Juicing requires a lot of counter space. Clutter and or dirty dishes do not go well with juicing. It's seeming like a lifestyle change, and I mean more than just the food part of it. More specifically, it requires some time, planning and dedication.
Things to pre-consider, like:
What am I going to juice?
Do I have to do a grocery store run?
First I need to clean off the counter!
God I want a burger!
For someone like me, who doesn't really plan food out very well this is requiring using a part of my brain that has been on permanent vacation since, well...ever.

Random side not that may not have anything to do with juice cleanse: I try not to shower everyday but I have really been noticing it lately when I don't - Noticing as in; just not feeling fresh and awake and my hair seems to be greasier. I don't wear deodorant anyway, so it's not like I am any more stinky (I am hoping the cleanse makes me less stinky actually). Just feeling like a shower is necessary every morning. I don't really enjoy showers for some reason - with or without a shower cap to cover my hair.

I am waiting for my tongue to change. Let me explain - I read that cracks/lines, and white patches are a sign of poor digestion. I also have bad breath most of the time, or so I am told. My tongue/breath don't seem to be much better - yet.

I definitely need to drink more water. I also think I likely go too long without ingesting anything. I may need a little juice kick or a piece of fruit in the afternoon to keep the ol'metabolism going. I am sure that is important to do even though I'm not really hungry.

Well, this post has been fairly boring. I guess I just feel kind of ho-hum today. Not the biggest fan ever of the Christmas season to tell you the truth, and I think that any holiday will be hard without my dad. I am wondering if that is starting to creep through for me already. He would be calling around this time asking what practical items the kids need for Christmas, wanting to chip in on our winter tire purchase or seeing if we needed a new appliance of some sort. He was such a practical man, and I never thought I would miss that so much - the practicality of his nature. I regret not going home for Christmas and although I am glad he spent last Christmas with his mom and dad, I am sad that it wasn't here with us. Those kinds of things just gut me. Give me the sick sinking sad "nothing can be done" feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't even know how to move that feeling or what to do with it. It's such a strange and intense emotion. Grief, regret, sadness, despair, hopelessness and emptiness all wrapped up in a shitty bow.
Well this went from boring to morose.
...A rum and eggnog wouldn't help anyway...right?


I might even be able to get into my jeans soon!

With love and gratitude,
Grace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o