Skip to main content

day 9, got some bangs

Hi there. Day 9 here. (No time to edit, just skip over spelling mistakes please!)
We got our juicer last night! And boy oh boy did we make some shitty ass juice! hahahha. Ew.
This morning we did much better with a less random selection.
Juicing is quite the process. It takes some time and it takes some chopping and it takes some cleaning. It also takes a lot more fruits n' veggies than blending does! But it really is delicious. I am loving the taste and how satisfied I feel afterwards. And I must say, adding an avocado really makes a nice smooth texture and taste!
(Juice comes out the bottom, pulp poops out the side!)

I have to remember that it did not take 9 days for my body to get to where it is and it will not take 9 days for it to work itself out! So far what I have noticed and how I am feeling is HUGE. I need to just be thankful for how fast my body reacts to healthy choices. It's simply amazing isn't it?
Thank you body for all you do. When I get that naggy voice grumbling about how hard this is and how the results should be equal to the level of difficulty (oh you know what I'm talking about) I have to shut'er down and remember 9 days ain't no thang! 9 days! And so I juice on.

After juicing last night I realized that my house is still (after some work) very cluttered. I actually started to feel like I need to simplify my life in a big way. I looked around and suddenly all the "stuff" was so loud and so suffocating. It's like, as I shed the need for the extra poundage, I also shed the need to surround myself with crap! It's crap, it's alllll crap (it's mostly crap). I felt wasteful too, like wow so much garbage guys!
Danny and I had a really awesome chat after a tall glass of grapefruit juice/carrot/pineapple (which we were buzzing from) about a 5 year plan to reduce our lives. We were both on the same page and I felt pretty jazzed up after about where we are headed. It's not the direction I thought my life would take at all. I thought I wanted a bigger house, a better car, more moola...more more more. When in reality I just want more freedom from all that, time with my kids and time to learn new things. I felt really connected to him and it felt delightful. We even got into some details on the best way to compost - and where we could get worms, and turning the front yard into a garden. I never thought that I would be able to garden, or that I was "that kind" of person. It's so weird/interesting to see the things that I have been lying to myself about all these years.
Who knew you could bond so strongly with someone you see every single day over 3 juiced grapefruits a carrot and half a pineapple? Mind.Blown.

So here I am, rounding the corner into day 10. I didn't really think I would make it this far. I mean, I hoped to but I wasn't so sure. I even looked up some awesome new slow cooker recipes today and didn't mind it a bit. I ate lunch with my Women in Business group and watched them devour lasagna etc and enjoyed my fruit cup and tea. Amazing.

I have certainly spent less money - in every area. No more specialty coffee that hurt my innerds, no more lunches out, no more dinners out, no more crazy grocery shops.

Oh yeah - and I trimmed my bangs all by myself!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o