Skip to main content

Day 8, and shit gets even realer.

Day 7 and the beginning of day 8.

I feel like I cheated yesterday because I had some cooked veggies! I was cold and I wanted something comforting so I cut up a yam, put some coconut oil in a pan and some Himalayan rock salt and ate it like it was a cupcake.
I had the same guilt that I would have had, had it been cupcakes! I felt like I had somehow let myself down. It tasted too good and I ate it until my belly hurt. It was quite eye opening. Who knew a yam could still provide space for addictive behaviour! Because I overextended my belly, I was so hungry when I went to bed that I had hunger pangs for the first time since day 1!

Today is day 8 and I feel pretty tired. I am wondering if I should start adding a meal in but I struggle to want to do that because again - I have a strong to desire to stick this out. I have enough fat stores that I "should" be able to do this much longer. I am wondering if my will is starting to dwindle a bit, or if the cold weather/winter blues is starting to affect my overall ambition. Sigh.

I did get some new items to blend yesterday - or rather Danny did - some fennel, limes, parsley, more mint, different apples, different pears, and the usual. Adding lime really gives it a fresh kick.
So far my fave is;
Fennel
Lime (I put a quarter of a lime in, rind and all)
A green pear
Kale
A little bit of water and orange juice

MY JUICER ARRIVED TODAY! The Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer! Stay tuned to hear reviews on this! I am excited to juice for the first time for realz, ever.

So now I'm going to get real...

Ok, it's time to talk about my weight issues, or rather my attitude towards my body.
"The weight issues" are coming up a lot. I got on the scale twice yesterday. Ugh. Go away weight obsessions, fuck right off.
I have found that I have strange body image issues, a type of dysmorphia but in a very backwards kind of way. There are two different contradicting views of my body going on inside my head. There is this one where I am not happy with my body because I am too fat, and then this other one where I am in denial that I have gained 40 lbs (or whatever it is...) and think that "it's not that bad!"...It's like my mind is having an argument over my body like I'm a child -
First parent "She really needs to lose some weight, look how much she has gained, it's not healthy!" Second parent "She's fine, she looks very healthy, she needs some meat on her bones, it's cold out there! Nothing wrong with a woman having curves!"....

I am feeling happy and yet very uncomfortable with the weight loss. It feels very vulnerable and naked in some areas. I want the weight to just go, but I am also finding that a bit scary. You know how some personal development books and authors talk about how we put fat on for emotional protection? Well I am really finding that is the case. I have been somehow shrouding myself from feeling, from experiencing and from being free by packing on extra layers.
My shoulders especially feel strange and thin.
My stomach doesn't feel any different.
My face looks different but doesn't feel all that different.
My fingers and feet are no longer puffy.
My wrists feel flimsy and tiny.
I can feel when someone hugs me and runs their hand down my back that my back is thinner because I can feel their hands on the ribs (slightly). Also a bit of an odd feeling.

I think that I have gotten used to carrying some cushion around my vulnerable parts (which is all parts at this point). I wonder too if in a way it protects me from intimacy sometimes. I find that the older I get, the longer I am in a steady relationship the more shit comes up around being loved, and being shown love and carrying extra weight somehow shields me from exploring/feeling/wanting this altogether. So much is on the line, so much more is at stake! Carrying extra weight allows me to feel uncomfortable in my own body and gives me a legitimate reason to be distant, disconnected and closed off. This post is getting pretty revealing...gah.

I will end there for today. I don't feel like I am even ready to continue to move deeper in to all that ^ up there.
Thanks for following along and for reaching out and sharing with me as well!

A week of faces - Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 on top
Day 4, Day 6, Day 8 on the bottom
With love & gratitude,
Grace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o