Skip to main content

Hello Bodyrockers!

On April 22nd I stared my bodyrock 30 day challenge with my fellow lady "bodyrockers". The term is funny because Zuzana, the hottie who films herself doing the workouts, always says in her sexy accent "hello bodyrockers" at the beginning of the videos. Today is day 47! I have been working out 6 days a week since April 22nd! This is really exciting because I think (no, I know) I am now over the hump and have made this a habit. I'm back baby and better than ever!
Sometimes it's even hard for me to take the one day off because I am scared to loose my momentum, I just love how I feel such a sense of accomplishment after I beat an old personal best. Some of the workouts, although "super intense" are only 4 minutes long, and some challenges (like 500 mountain climbers or 300 squats for time) can be done even on your day off just to keep the habit up - or on the days you are busy busy. Danny usually sits and watches Zuzana do the work outs and drools. I don't mind, it's kinda of indirect support. The kids have even started doing their own workouts and using the game Catchphrase as a timer. I have a video for proof. They also cheer me on - I prompt them when I need extra encouragement of course.
I feel like I'm in love. In love with the workouts, with the dedication, the commitment and myself for getting it done. I have this new found respect for myself. I, with the help of some amazing ladies, grabbed and threw myself out of my rut. Amazing.
Some divine intervention took place when my scale battery died and I stopped obsessively and stark nakedly weighing myself every morning before I entered the shower. What a friggen terrible way to start you day, never mind distracting you from really experiencing how your body feels and not what the dang scale says. It's such an inaccurate way of measuring success. I don't care what my weight is right now, I am just so proud of myself. The rest will follow.
A bodyrocking support group member, Sarah, said today "I never regret when I do it, I only regret when I don't." It's such a small part of my day but it's one of the best, and it has the power to totally turn my day around. When I choose bodyrock over nap or beat-myself-up-in-my-head-happy-hour, it's a big win.
Some cold hard facts: It didn't feel like this when I first started out and for sure I didn't start to feel, nevermind see, a difference until after the 30 day mark, or longer. It was hard to push through those first 30 days and with the girls in our facebook group, posting and sharing their own challenges and successes it REALLY helped. Like really. They made the difference. When I wanted to give up or not complete a workout I just went and looked at what the other girls were accomplishing and thought - if they can do it, so can I. There's accountability but it's more than that, it's like we are rooting for one another with a very healthy pushing each other to reach our goals. It helps me to remember why I have this goal. I have stopped focusing on body image and started taking it one accomplished day at a time. Everyday I get to pat myself on the back and "feel the fear and do it anyway"! It all filters into the rest of my life, if I can get over my fears what could I accomplish?? Toss that around for a few minutes.
Much love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quick are you gonna get up?

So I'm running tonight - and it's going fairly well until I look down at my shadow and it resembles a bouncing cadillac with a biiiiiiiig trunk. Ba-ba-ba-boing goes my cadill-ass. At first I thought I was mistaken, that isn't my shadow...or at least it's exaggerating the gravity of the situation here. Basically, I had a decision to make, feel sorry for my big trunk or get motivated. Every time I wanted to stop and walk, I just checked in with my shadow and it was on like donkey kong (do people still say that?). Thank goodness I had my headphones on, because in between songs all I could hear was some awful panting that sounding like an animal being sacrificed. I pretended it wasn't me and kept rhythmically running to some old Mariah Carey songs. So, I realized thinking of all the things I am thankful for would help me keep my mind off of the large wall I was about to hit, metaphorically speaking. At first I was thankful for my feet, my shoes that are so comfy, runni

Forgive-mess...

This blog has brought up a lot of emotion for me and I had to take some time to work through it. During a very intense conversation with Danny, I came to realize that because I have always put other people first, I put myself last and I eat to recover. I eat because it is the only thing (I think) that I can control completely. By control I mean, whenever I want it, it's there. Whatever I want I can have. I can make bad decisions and beat myself up over it as much as I want. I have been abusing myself with food. This is a really hard realization to come to and once I realized it I almost went further into weight debt. I sunk a little deeper, just enough to scare myself. I saw some pictures of myself from a birthday party and didn't even recognize myself. I know that people say this all the time just before they start making change and I can see why now. I have been using it to be hurtful to myself. Mask what's really going on, and almost wear a disguise. Another way to look

The adventures of naked face Grace!!

I'm getting use to not wearing makeup on a day to day basis now but to go to a special event where I didn't know many people - of all women - was a total new leap outside my comfort zone. I was really nervous. To add insult to what I felt was injury, my armpits were sweating so much I'm pretty sure my shirt was soaked. I then had to realize that sweat is natural and normal and that this too was "no big deal". Wow did I feel naked, exposed and vulnerable. I had to dig sooooo deep for confidence. I was really surprised by my feelings of inferiority. No one was making me feel this way, no one was treating me like I was treating myself. I had built up these standards and it was time to tear them down. At first I wanted to tell people that I was not wearing makeup on purpose. In the very least I wanted to make up excuses for myself like "Gosh! I am just so tired!" But I wasn't tired at all so why would I tell a story that wasn't true? I pulled o